Instructions for using the UScreen drugs of abuse test cup.
- Remove the drugs of abuse test cup from the foil pouch.
- Remove the lid from the top of the test cup.
- Label the with donors name.
- Have the donor provide a specimen directly into a specimen cup to the level shown on the side of the cup.
- The administrator must now verify that temperature is within range, as indicated on the side of the cup.
- The temperature should be between 93 to 98 degrees F. If the temperature is out of range, discard the test and start with a new test cup.
- Place lid on to the cup and ensure it is tight.
- Remove the label of the front of the cup and read the results.
- View the results as the lines appear. In the (C) and (T) areas.
- Do not interpret positive results until 5 minutes.
- Do not interpret the results after 10 minutes.
- Document the result on the drug test record form you downloaded.
- Read our recommended procedure for testing.
- Screening cut-off levels for UScreen drug test kits.
Specimen validity test.
Only available on products with a built-in test.
This is based on the color indicators testing for the presence of adulterants: pH, Bleach or oxidants, and Specific Gravity. This will determine the integrity of the urine sample.
- Creatinine: Tests for a waste product called creatine which is only present in human urine.
- Oxidants: Oxidants, such as bleach, hydrogen peroxide and Pyridinium Chlorochromate, produce a blue-green, brown, or orange color which indicates adulteration.
- Specific Gravity: The color changes from dark blue to blue-green in urine with low ionic concentration and green and yellow-green for higher ionic concentration.
Specimen validity color comparison chart. (colors approximate)
Compare the colors to the chart enclosed. Note: If colors are outside normal range, open a second test, collect a new specimen, and retest.
Interpreting the test result.
- NEGATIVE: A negative result is indicated when the test lines are present for all drugs.
- NEGATIVE: The presence of even a very light test line indicates a negative result.
- POSITIVE: A positive result is indicated by the presence of a control line (C) on the test strip. The THC strip is positive.
- INVALID: An invalid result is indicated when the control line (C) and the test line (T) are both missing. This indicates the THC strip is invalid.
A drug test is only a preliminary screen and all positive screens must be confirmed using a more definitive form of testing such as GC/MS (Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry). Confirmation through our SAMHSA certified lab is available upon request.