Analyzing with different drug test panels.
Before buying a drug test kit do some research to decide what drugs you need to test for. Make sure the test you buy includes them. Our tip is to buy a test that analyzes more than you need because often abusers take more than one drug or may even switch to another if they think you are on to them. Finally, before you perform the analysis, read the product instructions thoroughly to make sure you understand the process and how to use it properly.
Guidelines to help parents
Your guide for the best result.
- Remove the device from the sealed wrapper, and place it on a flat surface
- Ask the person to be tested (donor) to provide 30 to 100 ml of urine into a cup
- It is a good idea to check the temperature of the urine as donors have been known to provide fake or substitute samples
- Check that the sample temperature is within 93 to 98°F. If it’s not don’t accept it and ask the donor to provide a new sample. Remember to check the temperature again
- Check that the sample has an odor, also observe the color of the sample
- If you are satisfied that the sample is satisfactory, then proceed with the analysis.
- Remove the cap from the device and immerse the tips into the urine for 20 seconds
- Remove from the urine and replace the cap and lay on a flat surface. NOTE. Only immerse the tips, not the whole device into the urine
- Wait for the results to appear.
Procedure for using a cup test.
- For cups, the process is slightly different. This depends to some extent on the brand. In this example, we will use the EliteScreen Eco cup
- Unscrew the cup lid and place it to one side
- Ask the donor to provide a sample of urine to the level marked on the cup
- Check the temperature is in range; 93 to 98°F. Once confirmed, reattach the lid and wait for 3 minutes
- Now remove the label from the face of the cup
- Within a few minutes, the results will appear. You will start to see colored bars appear in the window
- Within five minutes the results will have fully developed.
- Negative: two bars appear, one (C) and one (T).
- Invalid: no lines appear or the (C) control bar is not present.
- Presumed positive: control bar (C) is visible but the test bar (T) is not apparent.
In the case of a presumed positive, the urine sample should be packaged and sent to a SAMSHA approved laboratory. This is important as the result needs to be confirmed. The confirmation will confirm and quantify the drug(s) found. The values can be used as a reference to compare against future test results.
Buying a drug test kit for marijuana, opiates, amphetamines, cocaine, and methamphetamine.
Especially relevant is how many panels the device has. Using a five-panel device, for instance, can analyze five drugs simultaneously each panel will display the result for that specific drug. Using this kind of device is a sure way to detect the most commonly abused drugs.
There are other drugs that can be screened too, these include, benzodiazepines, barbiturates, methadone, ecstasy, and oxycodone.
There are over thirteen different drugs that can be tested in this way when buying a drug test kit from us.
Remember when buying a drug test kit it detects the drugs you need to check for. Keep them handy for when you need to use them again.
Examples of why you may need to test.
- Periodic testing or random testing.
- Reasonable suspicion, which includes unusual behavior, paraphernalia found or monitoring rehabilitation.
- Post-accident, return back to work
- and for pre-employment.