A guide to detecting suspect powder and pills around the home.
With a simple test, detecting drug residue around the home can be straightforward. We show you how to do it with this in-depth guide to residue drug testing. Using surface drug test kits to detect drug residue requires no previous knowledge and takes just a few minutes to detect and identify narcotics. Utilizing a residue test from Mistral Security allows you to discover drug use around the home without ever destroying the evidence.
What materials can I test?
- Powders or ash.
Yes, pentest’s are designed to screen and detect many illicit and prescribed drugs.
Yes, place a tiny amount of the suspect liquid on test paper and test.
- Solids (tablets).
Yes, cut the tablet in half and swipe the center of the cut half onto the test paper and test.
- Encapsulated substances (pills).
Yes, open the capsule and place a small amount of powder on to the test paper. If it’s a pellet-type substance, then crush before testing.
What’s inside the Pentest packet?
- Inside the aluminum foil pouch is a pen-shaped tube containing two chemicals which when combined sets it into use,
- two collection papers,
- and instructions with the color comparison chart,
What are the benefits of using a Pentest for detecting drug residue?
- Low cost,
- safe to use with quick results,
- they detect many drugs with one application,
- they can test a substance not visible to the eye,
- the test does not destroy the evidence,
- no special disposal procedures are required,
- and no special training required.
Here is a list drugs the D4D pentest can detect.
- Bath Salts.
- K2 Spice.
- Phencyclidine (PCP).
- Methamphetamine (Meth).
- Ketamine and More.
Benefits of using the D4D and C&H together.
The benefit of using these kits together: is that after detecting a substance you can then identify it. After discovering an unknown substance with the D4D pentest, we advise you to use the C&H pentest to determine what the drug is.
- The general screening test D4D is capable of detecting over two dozen drugs with one application,
- the multiple drug detection and identification C&H pentest can identify over ten different drugs positively,
- the C&H pentest will confirm many of the drugs screened by the D4D pentest,
- both pentest’s can analyze pills, powder, trace residues and liquid,
- the tests do not destroy the evidence,
- no special disposal procedures are required,
- and they are safe to use with quick results and no previous knowledge to use.
Here are some of the major drugs identified by the C&H pentest.
- Sensitivity ng/mm2
How to use the Pentest.
How to collect a sample for detecting drug residue.
Collecting substances for analysis is quite simple, swipe a suspect area on a surface or touch a material you wish to test with the respective test paper. Compare the color on the test papers with the color charts included in the pen tests.
Instructions for using the drug residue Pentest.
- Holding the pentest upright, squeeze the plastic tube in the middle to break the glass separators inside (Figure 1),
- hold finger over the pen tip and shake for ten seconds to mix chemicals (Figure 2),
- remove the cap while pointing the tube away from you. Point the tube tip down and empty a few drops on to the test paper covering the sampling area.
How to prepare the test paper for use.
- Remove or bend back the paper in the direction of the arrow from the yellow backing.
Note: The paper backing need not be removed entirely. Bend back half way then use the exposed paper to swipe the suspect residue,
- if the backing is removed, place your thumb where there is no glue on the top edge of the paper.
How to use and interpret the result.
- Swipe the test paper over the suspect area (Figure 4),
- drip a small amount of liquid on to the test paper (Figure 5),
- observe the color change on the test paper (Figure 6),
- and compare the color with the included reference chart (see chart below).
Example color comparison chart
Here is a list of surface – drug residue tests
Surface drug test for Benzodiazepines – Powder, Pills or LiquidSale!From: ea.
Surface drug test for Opiates – Powder, Pills or LiquidSale!From: ea.
LSD surface drug test – Drug residue testSale!From: ea.
Surface drug test for Heroin – Drug residue testSale!From: ea.
Surface drug test Methamphetamine and Ecstasy – Residue testSale!From: ea.
Surface drug test Cocaine – Residue test kitSale!From: ea.
Surface drug testing kits for detecting Drug ResidueSale!From: $14.99
Surface drug test for Narcotics – Drug residue test C&HSale!From: ea.
Surface drug test D4D – Drug Residue Test KitSale!From: ea.
In conclusion, these tests require no knowledge of testing, the process takes just a few minutes to develop, and the result produces a color; compare the color from the analysis with the enclosed instructions to identify what drug it is. As you can see from the list of tests above, you can test for many different illicit drugs.
By using the D4D test with either COCA or C&H it is possible to detect and identify many unknown illicit substances. These devices are used by homeland security, airports, the military, the DEA and mail carriers.
Did you know? A Forensic Labs charges thousands of dollars to process a sample for unknown drugs and can take many weeks before providing a result. But now detecting drug residue with these kits can be done at home without these prohibitive costs and in a fraction of the time. Best of all, the article being tested is not damaged.
SATISFACTION GUARANTEED. Our drug test kits are backed with a 100% satisfaction guarantee or your money back. Our products are FDA cleared, tested and used by organisations throughout the United States. We know how important the accuracy of a drug test is and that's why we are committed to supplying only the most reliable, highest quality products available. Delivering you accurate results and peace of mind.
Latest posts by Product Manager
- Urine Temperature is Key to a Successful Test. - April 2, 2019
- Choosing the right drug test for employees or family - March 19, 2019
- Fentanyl the ‘deadly drug’ is being abused everywhere! - March 15, 2019