A guide to detecting suspect powder and pills around the home.
With a simple test, detecting drug residue around the home can be straightforward. We show you how to do it with this in-depth guide to residue drug testing. Using surface drug test kits to detect drug residue requires no previous knowledge and takes just a few minutes to detect and identify narcotics. Utilizing a residue test from Mistral Security allows you to discover drug use around the home without ever destroying the evidence.
What materials can I test?
- Powders or ash.
Yes, pen tests are designed to screen and detect many illicit and prescribed drugs.
Yes, place a tiny amount of the suspect liquid on test paper and test.
- Solids (tablets).
Yes, cut the tablet in half and swipe the center of the cut half onto the test paper and test.
- Encapsulated substances (pills).
Yes, open the capsule and place a small amount of powder on to the test paper. If it’s a pellet-type substance, then crush before testing.
What’s inside the Pen Test packet?
- Inside the aluminum foil pouch is a Pen containing two chemicals which when combined sets the pen for testing,
- two collection papers,
- and instructions with the color comparison chart,
What are the benefits of using Pen Tests for detecting drug residue?
- Low cost,
- they detect many drugs with one application,
- they can test a substance not visible to the eye,
- the test does not destroy the evidence,
- no special disposal procedures are required,
- safe to use with quick results,
- and no special training required.
Here are some of the major drugs the D4D pen test can detect.
- Bath Salts.
- K2 Spice.
- Phencyclidine (PCP).
- Methamphetamine (Meth).
- Ketamine and More.
Benefits of using the D4D and C&H Pen Test together.
The benefit of using these kits together is that you can detect a substance and then identify it. Once a material has been detected with the D4D kit, you can then use the C&H to determine what the drug is.
- The general screening test D4D is capable of detecting nearly two dozen drugs with one application,
- the multiple drug detection and identification C&H pen test can identify over ten different drugs positively,
- the C&H pen test will confirm many of the drugs screened by the D4D pen test,
- both tests can be used on pills, powder and trace residues that cannot be seen,
- the tests do not destroy the evidence,
- no special disposal procedures for testing are required,
- safe to use with quick results and no previous knowledge to use.
Here are some of the narcotic drugs the C&H pen test can identify.
- Cocaine base.
- Pure Heroin.
How to use Pen Tests.
Collecting a sample for detecting drug residue.
Collecting substances for analysis is quite simple, swipe a suspect area on a surface or touch a material you wish to test with the respective test paper. Compare the color on the test papers with the color charts included in the pen test kits.
How to detect drug residue with a Pen test.
- Holding the pen test upright, squeeze the plastic tube in the middle to break the glass separator inside (Figure 1),
- hold finger over the pen tip and shake for ten seconds to mix chemicals (Figure 2),
- remove the cap while pointing the tube away from you. Point the tube tip down and empty a few drops to the test paper to cover the sampling area.
How to prepare the test paper for use.
- Remove or bend back the paper in the direction of the arrow from the yellow backing.
Note: The paper backing need not be removed entirely. Bend back half way then use the exposed paper to swipe the suspect residue,
- if the backing is removed, place your thumb where there is no glue on the collection side of the paper.
How to use and interpret the result.
- Swipe the test paper over the suspect area (Figure 4),
- drip a small drop of liquid on to the test paper (Figure 5),
- observe the color change on the test paper (Figure 6),
- and compare the color with the included chart (see chart below).
Color comparison chart
In conclusion, you can see that by using the D4D test with either COCA or C&H can be a huge benefit when trying to detect and identify unknown substances. We know they work well because airports, the military, and the DEA all use them for drug screening.
Did you know? A Forensic Labs charges thousands of dollars to process a sample for unknown drugs and can take many weeks before providing a result. But now detecting drug residue with these kits can be done at home without these prohibitive costs and in a fraction of the time. Best of all, the article being tested is not damaged.
SATISFACTION GUARANTEED. Our drug test kits are backed with a 100% satisfaction guarantee or your money back. Our products are FDA cleared, tested and used by organisations throughout the United States. We know how important the accuracy of a drug test is and that's why we are committed to supplying only the most reliable, highest quality products available. Delivering you accurate results and peace of mind.
Latest posts by Product Manager
- Urine Temperature is Key to a Successful Test. - April 2, 2019
- Choosing the right drug test for employees or family - March 19, 2019
- Fentanyl the ‘deadly drug’ is being abused everywhere! - March 15, 2019