Test for prescription drugs.
Testing for a prescribed drug these days is very straightforward. Prescription drugs are presumed to be safe because they have been prescribed by a doctor but often people become addicted and this leads to abuse. Testing can be achieved with either a urine or oral saliva fluid test. They are simple to use and results are quick and accurate. When testing for a specific prescription drug, be sure that the drug can be tested, you can find this by looking at the product insert. Here is an example. This is very important as not all drug tests are the same. Some have lower cut-off levels and some have higher.
Note: For detecting drug residue, unknown pills or powder, then a surface test may well be the answer.
It’s now even more important to test for prescription drugs because of the widespread epidemic across the world. We are seeing it happening at home and the workplace with devastating results. More and more people are getting hooked and often when their supply runs out are turning to street drugs such as heroin for their high. If you need to test for prescription drugs, now you can with a simple kit. The person you are testing needs to give you a fresh urine sample; urine is always best for testing purposes. Check the test you are using detects the drug you need and proceed with the test.
Tests for commonly abused prescription drugs:
- Codeine: Tylenol® #3
- Morphine: Avinza®, Kadian®, MS Contin®, MSIR®, Roxanol®, Embeda®
- Oxycodone: Tylox®, Percocet®, Percodan®, OxyContin®, OxyIR®, Roxicodone®
- Oxymorphone: Opana ER®, Opana IR®, Numorphan®
- Buprenorphine: Suboxone®, Subutex®, Buprenex®, Butrans®
- Fentanyl: Actiq®, Fentora®, Onsolis®, Duragesic®, Sublimaze®
- Methadone: Methodose®, Dolophine®
- Propoxyphene: Darvocet®, Darvon®
- Tramadol: Ryzolt®, Ultracet®, Ultram®
- Amphetamines: Adderall®, Benzedrine®, Dexedrine®
- Alprazolam: Xanax®, Niravam®, Xanor®
- Clonazepam: Klonopin®
- Diazepam: Valium®
- Flurazepam: Dalmane®, Dalmadorm®
- Lorazepam: Ativan® Lorax®, Emotavil®
- Oxazepam: Murelax®, Serax®, Serepax®, Alepam®, Adumbran®
- Temazepam: Restoril®, Tenox®, Euhypnos®
To test for prescription drugs, be sure the test detects the drug you want. Note: If you need a test for oxycodone, for example, don’t just assume the test you purchase detects Oxycodone because it says it detects opiates.