Drug residue: A guide to detecting suspect powder and pill residue around the home.
The Art to Detecting Drug Residue: A guide to identifying Illicit Drug Residue, powder, and pills; If you see suspect powder and pills around the home, we show you how to identify what you’ve found with our in-depth guide with a surface drug test kit. With these kits, it takes just a few minutes to quickly detect and identify drugs.
If you see suspect powder, pills, or paraphernalia around the home, we will show you how to identify what you’ve found with our in-depth guide.
With a simple test, detecting drug residue around the home can be straightforward. We show you how to do it by using a residue drug test kit.
You may want to take a look at an article we wrote giving hints of where to look if you suspect there may be drugs in the home.
Surface drug test kits require no previous knowledge and take just a few minutes to detect and identify narcotics. Utilizing a residue test from Mistral Security allows you to identify drugs around the home without ever destroying the evidence.
What equipment do I need for identifying illicit drug residue?
Start with a simple low-cost surface drug test kit. These kits are manufactured by Mistral Security a manufacturer that distributes Drug Detection and Identification products that not only identify an illicit substance but also ‘detect’ residues that cannot be seen.
They manufacture Colorimetric Pentests like the one you see below which instantly detect many different illicit drugs.
- The product consists of a sealed aluminum foil pouch. Inside each pouch is a pen-shaped tube,
- two test papers,
- instructions on how to use it,
- and a color comparison chart for identifying what drug has been discovered.
What materials can I test?
- Powders or ash.
Yes, pentest’s are designed to screen and detect many illicit and prescribed drugs.
Yes, place a tiny amount of the suspect liquid on test paper and test.
- Solids (tablets).
Yes, cut the tablet in half and wipe the center of the cut half onto the test paper and test.
- Encapsulated substances (pills).
Yes, open the capsule and place a small amount of powder on to the test paper. If it’s a pellet-type substance, then crush before testing.
Bongs, pipes, aluminum foil, bags, vape pens, and syringes.
What are the benefits of using a Pentest for Identifying illicit Drug Residue?
- Low cost,
- safe to use with quick results,
- they detect many drugs with one application,
- they can test a substance not visible to the eye,
- the test does not destroy the evidence,
- no special disposal procedures are required,
- and no special training required.
Here is a list of drugs that the D4D pentest can detect.
|Phencyclidine (PCP).||Methamphetamine (Meth).|
|Heroin.||Ketamine and More.|
There are only two combination kits needed to catch most illicit drugs. The first example is D4D plus COCA; the second is the D4D and C&H combination. The manufacturer recommends both combinations as together they can detect and identify many different narcotics.
Benefits of using the D4D and C&H combination.
The benefit of using a D4D and C&H together is that after detecting a substance with the D4D you can identify what the drug is with the C&H. After discovering an unknown substance with the D4D pentest, we advise you to follow up with the C&H pentest helping you determine what the drug is.
- The general screening test D4D is capable of detecting over two dozen drugs with one application,
- the multiple drug detection and identification C&H pentest can identify over ten different drugs positively,
- the C&H pentest will confirm many of the drugs screened by the D4D pentest,
- both pentest’s can analyze pills, powder, trace residues and liquid,
- the tests do not destroy the evidence,
- no special disposal procedures are required,
- and they are safe to use with quick results and no previous knowledge to use.
Here are some of the major drugs identified by the C&H pentest.
How to test for illicit drug residue.
Identifying illicit Drug Residue.
Collecting substances for analysis is quite simple, wipe a suspect area with a surface test kit paper or wipe a material you wish to test with the respective test paper. Add a couple of drops from the pen and wait for a reaction. Compare the color on the test paper with the color charts included in each Pentest.
Procedure for preparing the illicit drug residue test.
- Holding the pentest upright, squeeze the plastic tube in the middle to break the glass separators inside
- hold finger over the pen tip and shake for ten seconds to mix chemicals
- remove the cap while pointing the tube away from you. Point the tube tip down and empty a few drops on to the test paper covering the sampling area.
How to prepare for identifying illicit drug residue
- Remove or bend back the paper in the direction of the arrow from the yellow backing.
Note: The paper backing need not be removed entirely. Bend back halfway then use the exposed paper to wipe the suspect residue,
- if the backing is removed, place your thumb where there is no glue on the top edge of the paper.
How to use and interpret the result from the pen test.
- Swipe the test paper over the suspect area (Figure 4),
- drip a small amount of liquid on to the test paper (Figure 5),
- observe the color change on the test paper (Figure 6),
- and compare the color with the included reference chart (see chart below).
Example C&H instructions for detecting drug residue.
Here is a list of surface drug tests for detecting illicit drug residue.
Surface drug test for Benzodiazepines – Powder, Pills or LiquidProduct on saleFrom: ea.
Surface drug test for Opiates – Powder, Pills or LiquidProduct on saleFrom: ea.
LSD surface drug test – Drug residue testProduct on saleFrom: ea.
Surface drug test for Heroin – Drug residue testProduct on saleFrom: ea.
Surface drug test Methamphetamine and Ecstasy – Drug Residue TestProduct on saleFrom: ea.
Surface drug test Cocaine – Residue test kitProduct on saleFrom: ea.
Surface drug testing kits for detecting Drug ResidueProduct on saleFrom: ea.
Surface drug test for Narcotics – Drug residue C&H testProduct on saleFrom: ea.
Surface drug test D4D – Drug Residue Test KitProduct on saleFrom: ea.
In conclusion, these tests require no knowledge of testing, the process takes just a few minutes to develop, and the result produces a color; compare the color from the analysis with the enclosed color chart to identify what drug it is. As you can see from the list of tests above, you can test for many different illicit drugs.
By using the D4D test with either COCA or C&H it is possible to detect and identify many unknown illicit substances. These devices are used by homeland security, airports, the military, the DEA and mail carriers.
Did you know? A Forensic Labs charges thousands of dollars to process a sample for unknown drugs and can take many weeks before providing a result. But now detecting drug residue with surface drug test kits, it can be done at home without these prohibitive costs and in a fraction of the time. Best of all, the article being tested is not damaged.