Identifying illicit Drug Residue with a Surface Drug Test Kit
Did you know? Forensic Labs charge thousands of dollars to process a sample for unknown drugs and can take many weeks before providing a result, but now detecting drug residue with a surface drug test kit can cost as little as $6, and they work great. We have used them in different situations and identified many different drugs of abuse in minutes. Do it yourself at home without these prohibitive costs and in a fraction of the time. Best of all, the analysis does not damage the article you are testing.
Drug residue: A guide to detecting suspect powder, pills and residue from paraphernalia.
The Art to Detecting Drug Residue: This guide will help you identify suspect Illicit Drug Residue, powder, and pills; If you see powder or a suspicious pill around the home or the office, we show you how to identify what you’ve found with our in-depth guide using a surface drug test kit. It will take just a few minutes to detect and identify what was found with these kits quickly.
With a simple test, detecting drug residue can be straightforward. Take a look at an article we wrote giving hints of where to look if you suspect there may be drugs hidden in the home.
Surface drug tests require no previous knowledge and take just a few minutes to detect and identify narcotics. The benefit of utilizing a residue test from Mistral Security is it allows you to identify drugs without ever destroying the evidence.
What equipment do I need for identifying illicit drug residue?
Start with a simple, low-cost surface drug test kit. These kits are manufactured by Mistral Security, the manufacturer of Drug Detection and Identification products not only identify an illicit substance but also ‘detect’ residues that cannot be seen. Their products use a process where the detection is identified by color. When the test result changes color to red, blue, green, purple, and various colors in between indicate the surface test has identified an unknown substance. These Colorimetric Pentests are designed to detect many different illicit drugs instantly.
Each sealed aluminum foil pouch includes a pen-shaped tube with liquid chemicals, two test papers, and instructions with a color identification chart. The instructions make it easy for you to compare your test against the color chart, which will allow you to identify the drug discovered quickly.
Here are examples of surface drug tests for detecting illicit drug residue.
What items can You test with a Surface Test?
There are many different suspect items that you can analyze, here are a few examples:
- Powders or ash.
Yes, pentest’s are designed to screen and detect many illicit and prescribed drugs.
Yes, place a tiny amount of the suspect liquid on test paper and test.
- Solids (tablets).
Yes, cut the tablet in half and wipe the center of the cut half onto the test paper and test.
- Encapsulated substances (pills).
Yes, open the capsule and place a small amount of powder onto the test paper. If it’s a pellet-type substance, then crush before testing.
Bongs, pipes, aluminum foil, bags, vape pens, and syringes.
Here are the benefits of using a Pentest for Identifying illicit Drug Residue.
There are many benefits to using Multiple Dru Detection and Identification tests, the two major benefits are instant results and low cost.
- Instant results,
- low cost,
- safe to use with quick results,
- they detect many drugs with one application,
- they can detect a substance not visible,
- the test does not destroy the evidence,
- no special disposal procedures are required,
- and no special training is required.
|Phencyclidine (PCP).||Methamphetamine (Meth).|
|Heroin.||Ketamine and More.|
Benefits of using the D4D and C&H combination.
When you are unsure what substance you’ve found and want to get a better idea of what it is, the manufacturer suggests using a D4D and C&H combination. This is the most popular option because together, they can detect over forty different substances. The other manufacturer recommended combination is the D4D plus COCA kit. The manufacturer recommends both combinations to detect and identify the most popular narcotics found around the home and at work.
The D4D is a Multiple Drug Detection & Identification test designed to screen narcotic drugs by color. When using this test, it will quickly highlight if a drug has been found. If there is no color reaction, the manufacturer suggests that a C&H follow-up test identifies exactly what drug was found. In summary, screen the unknown substance first with the D4D to see if there is a color reaction and then confirm and identify with the C&H test.
- The general screening test D4D is capable of detecting over two dozen drugs with one application,
- the multiple drug detection and identification C&H pentest can identify over ten different drugs positively,
- the C&H pentest will confirm many of the drugs screened by the D4D pentest,
- both pentest’s can analyze pills, powder, trace residues, and liquid,
- the tests do not destroy the evidence,
- no special disposal procedures are required,
- and they are safe to use with quick results and no previous knowledge to use.
Here are some of the major drugs identified by the C&H pentest.
How to test for illicit drug residue.
Identifying illicit Drug Residue.
Identifying substances for analysis is quite simple, wipe a suspect area with a surface test kit paper or wipe the material you wish to test with the respective test paper. Add a couple of drops of liquid from the pen and wait for a reaction. Compare the color on the test paper with the color chart included in each Pentest. Below are photographs of what the result may look like.
Procedure for preparing the illicit drug residue test.
- Holding the pentest upright, squeeze the plastic tube in the middle to break the glass separators inside. (Press firmly to feel a crunching sensation) (Figure 1),
- hold finger over the pen tip and shake for ten seconds to mix chemicals (Figure 2),
- remove the cap while pointing the tube away from you.
- Point the tube tip down and empty a few drops onto the test paper covering the sampling area. (Figure 3)
How to prepare for the test papers for identifying illicit drug residue
- Remove or bend back the paper in the direction of the arrow from the yellow backing.
Note: The paper backing need not be removed entirely. Bend back halfway, then use the exposed paper to wipe the suspect residue,
- if the backing is removed, place your thumb where there is no glue on the paper’s top edge.
How to use and interpret the result from the pen test.
- Swipe the test paper over the suspect area (Figure 4),
- drip a small amount of liquid on to the test paper (Figure 5),
- observe the color change on the test paper (Figure 6),
- and compare the color with the included reference chart (see example chart below).
Example instructions for detecting drug residue with the C&H Pentest.
In conclusion, these tests require no knowledge of testing. The process takes just a few minutes to develop. The result produces a color to identify the drug discovered; compare the color from the analysis with the enclosed color chart within each test kit.
Using the D4D test with either COCA or C&H, it is possible to detect and identify many unknown illicit substances. These devices are used by homeland security, airports, the military, the DEA, and mail carriers.
- How to Buy a 5 Panel Drug Screen for $1.49 each - September 16, 2020
- Protect your family by drug testing at home - April 29, 2020
- Are drug test kits good value? Yes if you purchase from a reputable source - March 1, 2020