Should I be using instant drug tests or lab tests?
We often get asked the question, should I use an instant drug test as opposed to a lab test. Instant tests typically give the same result as a lab test — if the result is negative. If the results are presummed positive then a lab test will give levels for the drug found. To decide which is the best option we need to delve a little deeper to establish why you need to test in the first place.
Parents regularly use these tests because they can use them in the privacy of their own home and get immediate results. The costs are low, and the results are immediate and offer guidance on what drugs if any are being abused.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of a lab drug test?
- If a substance is detected, it will be quantified with a level
- Results maybe court admissible
- Can be expensive
- Results can take up to 5 days
- Generally, the result is sent by email
- You may have to travel to a lab to deliver the sample.
What are the advantages of an instant drug test?
- Results are visible within minutes
- There is no waiting for the results
- Tests are low cost
- Can be used in the privacy of the home or workplace
- Tests can detect many different drugs at once
- They provide a qualitative Positive or Negative result
The conclusion for instant drug tests or lab tests is simple; if you are on a budget, want to test on demand and want to keep it private, then an instant test may well be the solution.
SATISFACTION GUARANTEED. Our drug test kits are backed with a 100% satisfaction guarantee or your money back. Our products are FDA cleared, tested and used by organisations throughout the United States. We know how important the accuracy of a drug test is and that's why we are committed to supplying only the most reliable, highest quality products available. Delivering you accurate results and peace of mind.
Latest posts by Product Manager
- Urine Temperature is Key to a Successful Test. - April 2, 2019
- Choosing the right drug test for employees or family - March 19, 2019
- Fentanyl the ‘deadly drug’ is being abused everywhere! - March 15, 2019