Should I be using instant drug tests or lab tests?
We often get asked the question, should I use an instant drug test as opposed to a lab test. Instant drug tests or Lab tests it doesn’t matter as the preliminary result will likely be the same. To decide which is the best option we need to delve a little deeper to establish why you need to test in the first place.
Parents regularly use instant drug tests because they can use them in the privacy of their own home and get immediate results. The costs are low, and the results are immediate and offer guidance on what drugs if any are being abused.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of a lab drug test?
- Must be used for all Federal testing
- If a substance is detected, it will be quantified
- Results maybe court admissible
- Can be expensive
- Results can take up to 5 days
- Generally, the result is sent by email
- You may have to travel to a lab to deliver the sample.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of an instant drug test?
- Results are almost instant
- There is no waiting for the results
- Tests are low cost
- Complete the test in the privacy of the home or workplace
- Test kits can potentially detect up to thirteen different drugs simultaneously.
- The quality, always buy from a reputable supplier
- Only provides a qualitative result (Positive or Negative)
- Errors by not following directions on use.
The conclusion for instant drug tests or lab tests is simple; if you are on a budget, want to test on demand and want to keep it private, then an instant drug test may well be the solution.