EtG Urine Alcohol Test
This is a new method for rapidly detecting abuse for up to 80 hours in the past. The analysis is instant, detecting Ethyl Glucuronide from a sample of human urine. This is a direct metabolite of ethyl alcohol and is the method for detecting recent abuse. It may be detectable within hours after exposure and up to 3 to 4 days after consumption. People who use these tests find it useful for monitoring continued abuse which makes it an excellent tool for monitoring individuals who should not be drinking. It is, however, possible for the body to produce ethanol as a result of fermentation but with this device is it will only detect alcohol from drinking benefiting from false positives.
Ethyl glucuronide, EtG, was introduced in the United States in the late ’90s and an assay for EtG is now available. EtG is a minor non-oxidative metabolite of alcohol. Less than half of a percent is metabolized by this pathway, however, EtG can be detected in urine for up to three to five days following consumption. Additionally, EtG is not detectable unless alcohol has been consumed.
Features of the EtG Urine Alcohol Test :
- Ethyl Glucuronide test detects alcohol use
- Cut-off concentration 300 ng/mL
- Fast and reliable up to 80 hours in the past
- Rapid analysis
- Ethyl Glucuronide is evident only after drinking alcohol
- It’s a reliable indicator of alcohol ingestion within the previous 3 to 4 days
- Easy to use and interpret
- Inexpensive compared to a lab analysis
- They require no specialized training to use
- No special equipment required
- Box size: 25 individually sealed devices
- For Forensic Use Only.
- Individuals who are abstaining from drinking Alcohol.
- Suitable for recovering alcoholics.
- Suitable for zero tolerance and abstinence situations.
- Drinking while working with safety-sensitive equipment.
- Early warning system to detect relapses.
- Driving vehicles.
This EtG Urine Alcohol Test provides laboratory-level accuracy with an 80-hour detection window which makes it a great tool for anyone that needs to abide by a zero-tolerance policy. Studies have been done which indicate that alcoholics in abstinence have no detectable levels of Ethyl Glucuronide in their urine after approximately 80 hours of detoxification. The sample will be stable for detection up to four days at room temperature.
Breath alcohol tests and saliva alcohol tests are convenient for detecting alcohol use immediately but the instant analysis from this device has the advantage of long-term detection and accuracy.
Traditional methods of alcohol testing like breathalyzers measure the amount of ethanol-alcohol itself in the body. Using this method only detects consumption for several hours. However, because this test kit detects the substance that the body produces as it metabolizes this method of testing is able to detect consumption for a much longer period, typically up to 80 hours.
How to use the EtG urine alcohol test:
- Collect a small sample of urine from the donor.
- Remove the testing device from the sealed packet.
- Take off the cap and dip the tip of the device into the sample to the level marked.
- Remove the testing device from the sample, replace the cap and lay on a flat surface.
- Read the result as it develops.
How to interpret the result of the test.
- A negative result shows two lines, one in the (C) area and one in the (T) area in the window of the device.
- If only one the control line (C) appears, the result is positive.
- If only the (T) line appears and no (C) line appears then the test is invalid.
- The cut-off concentration of the One Step Ethyl Glucuronide (EtG) test is determined to be 300 ng/mL
SATISFACTION GUARANTEED. Our drug test kits are backed with a 100% satisfaction guarantee or your money back. Our products are FDA cleared, tested and used by organisations throughout the United States. We know how important the accuracy of a drug test is and that's why we are committed to supplying only the most reliable, highest quality products available. Delivering you accurate results and peace of mind.