Surface drug testing kits D4D and C&H
Surface drug testing kits detect and identify narcotic drugs on contact. A low-cost solution for detecting bulk and trace residues not seen to the human eye. What further distinguishes these kits from other products is that they can perform trace detection as well as bulk identification. A unique investigative tool for narcotic units and task forces, as well as K-9 units and security agencies. Use at work, school or home to test almost any surface, including; computer keyboards, credit cards, clothing, liquids and more.
Surface drug testing kits, D4D and C&H are sold as a pack, each containing a liquid ampoule and two test papers. Together, they can be used to complete four separate tests.
How does it work?
Both D4D and C&H use colorimetric technology: A unique non-toxic liquid that when applied to the included test paper causes a color reaction. This color reaction is made possible by a reaction between the liquid, test paper, and an unknown narcotic.
Read this article on Detecting Drug Residue. It will help you understand how pen tests work and how to use them.
- It identifies unknown powder, pills, and liquid.
- Detects and identifies over forty different narcotic drugs.
- Can be used on any surface.
- Results appear in seconds.
- It does NOT destroy the evidence during testing.
- Completely safe to use and non-toxic.
- No special training required.
- Very sensitive.
- Low cost per test.
- Can test for illicit drug residues in quantities of as little as one micrograms per square millimeter.
- No additional measures required for disposal.
- Fast and easy to use.
- Test pad can be sent to a lab to confirm the result.
- Up to two-year shelf life. (Unopened).
Narcotic drugs screened and identified:
- Detects and identifies over 40 narcotics substances on contact.
D4D detects Benactyzine, Buprenorphine, DMT, Codeine, Heroin, Hydrocodone, Methadone, MDA, MMDA, Morphine, Opium, Oxycodone, Papaverine, Pentazocine, PMA, Propoxyphene, STP, Thebaine, Amphetamine, Benzylpiperazine BZP, Ephedrine, MDPV (bath salts), Mephedrone (bath salts), a-PVP (bath salts), Methamphetamine, Ecstasy, Hashish, Ketamine, LSD, Marijuana, Phencyclidine (PCP), Synthetic Cannabinoids, K2-Spice, Diazepam, Flunitrazepam and Phenobarbital.
- C&H identifies Buprenorphine, Heroin, Methadone, Opium, Oxycodone, Papaverine, Pentazocine, Propoxyphene, Thebain, Ecstasy, Ketamine, LSD, Marijuana, Mescaline, Benzylpiperazine BZP, Cocaine, Ephedrine, Methamphetamine, Methaqualone, and Phenobarbital.
- Detecting and identifying trace amounts of drugs on:
- Work surfaces.
- Heating and air conditioning vents.
- Human skin.
- Computers and keyboards.
- Credit cards.
- Smoke Pipes.
- Detects ‘date rape drugs.’
- Pills and tablets.
Surface drug testing kits are used by:
- Law enforcement.
- Schools and colleges.
- Homeland Security.
- The military.
Why use two tests?
The D4D test screens many narcotic drugs but does not identify what they are. The C&H test will confirm and recognize many of the drugs found in the D4D analysis. The illustration below shows how the D4D detects many narcotics and how the C&H identifies them.
Instructions for using Surface drug testing kits D4D and C&H:
- Wipe the test paper over the suspect area.
- Holding the pen test upright, squeeze the plastic tube in the middle to break the ampules inside.
- Hold finger over pen tip and shake for ten seconds to mix chemicals.
- Remove the cap while pointing the tube away from you. Point the tube tip down and empty a few drops to the test paper to cover the sampling area.
- Drip a small drop of liquid onto the test paper.
- Observe the results of the test paper and compare to color charts.
Use D4D first. When you see a color change on the test paper, use the C&H test to identify drugs found. Follow the same process as with D4D. Wipe the same area with the C&H test paper. Observe the colors on the C&H test paper and compare to the enclosed chart.
NOTE: The test paper in each kit is different. Do not mix test papers or use D4D test paper for C&H test or C&H test paper for D4D.
Interpreting results from the test:
Use D4D pen test first. Note a color change and compare with the enclosed chart. To further identify a drug, use C&H pen test and compare the color.
D4D – Drugs detected.
Benactyzine, Buprenorphine, DMT, Codeine, Heroin, Hydrocodone, Methadone, MDA, MMDA, Morphine, Opium, Oxycodone, Papaverine, Pentazocine, PMA, Propoxyphene, STP, Thebaine.
Amphetamine, Benzylpiperazine BZP, Ephedrine, MDPV (bath salts), Mephedrone (bath salts), a-PVP (bath salts), Methamphetamine.
Ecstasy, Hashish, Ketamine, LSD, Marijuana, Phencyclidine (PCP), Synthetic Cannabinoids, K2-Spice.
Diazepam, Flunitrazepam, Phenobarbital.
C&H – Identified.
Buprenorphine, Heroin, Methadone, Opium, Oxycodone, Papaverine, Pentazocine, Propoxyphene, Thebain.
Ecstasy, Ketamine, LSD, Marijuana, Mescaline, Benzylpiperazine BZP, Cocaine, Ephedrine, Methamphetamine.