Drug abuse questions and answers.
○ How do you tell when someone is on drugs?
Identifying substance abuse or determining if a loved one is on drugs can be quite tricky because they often cover their tracks. They will usually be away from home, out of sight of their parents or locked away in their room. A straightforward way is to test their urine with one of our drug test kits.
The picture below shows a sequence of photographs of how substance abuse and its long-term effects can affect you. This person was abusing Methamphetamine. Ways to start your detective work is to check around the home for signs of drug paraphernalia, pills or powder. A Surface or Residue drug test can detect these things. They can be instrumental in detecting and identifying the smallest amounts of drug residue and unknown powder and pills.
○ Guidance for identifying drug abuse.
Here is some guidance that can help identify whether an individual is, in fact, abusing a substance.
- Has the person’s personality changed dramatically in recent days, weeks or months?
- Does the person appear to be depressed or extremely irritable? Or perhaps hostile without reason?
- Does the person’s mood change suddenly, intensely, and without provocation?
- Noticed the person’s breath smelling of alcoholic beverages?
- Detect any physical signs such as the size of their pupils, slurred or incoherent speech?
- Have you noticed prescription drugs disappearing?
- Have you found money to be missing or stock disappearing at work?
- Does the person appear to be less responsible than they used to be?
- Has the person been involved in an accident at work?
- Are there any medical or emotional problems?
We have produced a downloadable questionnaire sheet that can be used to help identify reasonable suspicion of drug abuse. Reasonable suspicion checklist. We have designed a form for employees or for anyone needing to check.
○ How do you tell when a teen is on drugs?
- Has your child lost interest in school?
- In extracurricular activities, especially sports?
- Have you noticed your child’s grades dropping?
- Have any teachers complained about your child?
- Has your child changed friends or started hanging out with a drugging group?
- Are you missing any money?
- Have neighbors, friends or others talked to you about your child’s behavior or drug taking?
- Has your child been involved with the law?
- Does your child actively defend his or her right to use alcohol or drugs?
- Does your child “turn off” to talks about alcohol and drug abuse?
- Has your child been into fights with other kids?
- Have you noticed your child lying to you and others?
- Does your child stay alone in the bedroom most of the time, coming out occasionally?
- Does your child resent questions about their activities and destinations?
- Has your child’s relationship with other family members deteriorated?
- Does your child avoid family gatherings which they once enjoyed?
- Has your child been caught dealing in drugs or giving them friends?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, then oversee them, make notes, keep a diary and if you think they may be abusing drugs, then ask them to do a simple test.
Let the results speak for themselves. Refusing to take a test may also be a sign.
○ Drug and alcohol abuse can create out of what was once a happy and productive person to a “Mr. Hyde.”
Parents have found that taking a hair drug test gives them the answers they are looking for. It’s difficult to fake and may tell you what you need to know. A hair drug test will show a history of abuse for up to 30 days.
Social and well-adjusted people can become strangers, sources of frustration and sadness to the family and fellow workers. If you notice that the person’s behavior has changed and it matches any of the warning signs described above, then follow our help pages on how to test them for drugs or alcohol.
SATISFACTION GUARANTEED. Our drug test kits are backed with a 100% satisfaction guarantee or your money back. Our products are FDA cleared, tested and used by organisations throughout the United States. We know how important the accuracy of a drug test is and that's why we are committed to supplying only the most reliable, highest quality products available. Delivering you accurate results and peace of mind.
Latest posts by Product Manager
- Urine Temperature is Key to a Successful Test. - April 2, 2019
- Choosing the right drug test for employees or family - March 19, 2019
- Fentanyl the ‘deadly drug’ is a KILLER - March 15, 2019