Step by step guide for testing individuals, identifying the cheaters and getting reliable results.
Download and Print: Testing Instructions.
○ Instructions for urine test cups or dip cards.
Using a drug test kit to test someone is only part of the solution because without the correct testing procedure you will never be sure if the results are accurate and the donor hasn’t cheated. So follow the method we use when testing a client.
Never give prior notice to the person your drug testing. Even short notice may allow a “user” to try and beat the drug test. Don’t be fooled! People will go to great lengths to try to cheat the test. “Trust me we see it every day.”
○ Drug Test Instructions for the collector/administrator.
The collector/administrator is the person who records and administers the test.
- Remove a new testing device from the sealed pouch and place on the counter.
- Have a clean, dry specimen cup ready for the urine sample. Preferably use a specimen cup that has a temperature strip on the side so you can check the temperature. (For dip cards only)
- Check the sample temperature. The temperature should be within 93° to 98° Fahrenheit. If it’s out of range, ask the donor to provide a new sample or ask them to wait until they can.
- Do not allow them to leave the area until the process has completed.
- Observe the urine color, it should be light yellow with an odor. Bright yellow or clear urine are warning signs that the sample may have been substituted or diluted.
- We recommend that you use a drug adulteration strip whenever possible to establish the integrity of the sample.
○ Instructions to the donor.
The donor is the person providing the urine for testing.
- Ask them to remove any outer garments as they may be concealing paraphernalia and place on one side.
- Then ask them to empty their pockets and turn them out. This ensures they are not hiding anything.
- Now ask them to wash their hands to clean off any adulterants that may be present on their hands or under their fingernails.
- Tell the person they need a minimum urine sample of 30 mL and to complete the task as quickly as possible.
- Tell them not to flush the toilet after completion. You need to check the bathroom for signs of discarded paraphernalia.
○ Drug Test Instructions for dip cards.
- Open the package containing the dip card.
- Discard the desiccant in the package.
- Remove the protective cap from the dip card and immerse only the tips into the urine sample. Do not flood the device as this will invalidate the result.t.
- Remove from urine sample after 20 seconds.
- Replace the protective cap and place device on a flat surface.
- Within the first minute, you will start to see a reaction with lines gradually appearing.
- Read the result at 3 minutes.
○ Drug Test Instructions for cup tests.
- Open the package containing the cup.
- Discard the desiccant in the package.
- Remove the lid on the cup and ask the donor to provide a sample directly into the container to the level marked on the side.
- Replace the top and check the temperature.
- Depending on the type of cup used, always refer to the device instructions.
- Read the result at 5 minutes.
○ How to read the result.
○ How to document the result.
- We recommend you document every test for future reference.
- Enter the donor’s information.
- Enter the reason for test, date and time.
- Instruct the donor to sign and date.
- Enter the type of test and what drugs were tested.
- Enter the sample temperature and result and any additional remarks.
- Finally, as the administrator, sign, and date to complete the process.
SATISFACTION GUARANTEED. Our drug test kits are backed with a 100% satisfaction guarantee or your money back. Our products are FDA cleared, tested and used by organisations throughout the United States. We know how important the accuracy of a drug test is and that's why we are committed to supplying only the most reliable, highest quality products available. Delivering you accurate results and peace of mind.
Latest posts by Product Manager
- Urine Temperature is Key to a Successful Test. - April 2, 2019
- Choosing the right drug test for employees or family - March 19, 2019
- Fentanyl the deadly drug is out of control! - March 15, 2019