Workplace drug abuse
Workplace drug abuse may not be evident in your workplace, but statistically at least one of your employees will be abusing. The question is, what are you doing about it? Are you currently doing any testing? If you are, are you following a strict policy of no to drugs?
The figures for substance abuse in the United States of America are astounding.
Here are statistics from the American Council for Drug Education.
- 60% of the world’s illegal drugs are consumed by Americans.
- 2,000,000 Americans use heroin.
- 6,000,000 use cocaine.
- 18,000,000 suffer from alcohol abuse.
- 23,000,000 people use marijuana at least four times in a week.
Of all substance users, 74.8 percent are employed and active in the workplace, this means that 12.9 million individuals actively use drugs in the workforce, according to the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA).
Using drugs impairs decision-making abilities as well as physically impairs people, this is a deadly concoction when on the job. In fact, between 10 and 20 percent of American workers who die at work has tested positive for drugs or alcohol. A study by OSHA states that the most dangerous occupations, such as mining and construction also have the highest rates of abuse used by their employees.
Links to workplace drug abuse.
SATISFACTION GUARANTEED. Our drug test kits are backed with a 100% satisfaction guarantee or your money back. Our products are FDA cleared, tested and used by organisations throughout the United States. We know how important the accuracy of a drug test is and that's why we are committed to supplying only the most reliable, highest quality products available. Delivering you accurate results and peace of mind.
Latest posts by Product Manager
- Urine Temperature is Key to a Successful Test. - April 2, 2019
- Choosing the right drug test for employees or family - March 19, 2019
- Fentanyl the deadly drug is out of control! - March 15, 2019